Today I had the urge to bake!
So I made an old favourite – Raspberry Coconut Slice; plus a new favourite – Vanilla Fudge Slice!
- 2 1/4 cups plain flour
- 2 1/4 cups desiccated coconut
- 200g butter (cool but soft)
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 3/4 cup raspberry jam
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoons milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanillabean paste
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Use cooking spray to grease a long, shallow slice tray
- In a large mixing bowl; rub the flour, 1/2 cup sugar and the butter to resemble breadcrumbs (this can be done in a food processor, but I like to get my hands into cooking 😀)
- Add 1 egg and the vanillabean paste; mix and knead to form a soft dough (add the milk 1 teaspoon at a time while kneading)
- Press the dough into the prepped tray
- Bake for 15-20mins or until lightly golden
- Spread the base with the jam while its still warm
- In a bowl, whisk the remaining 2 eggs and 1/2 cup sugar then stir in the coconut to combine (keep at it, it takes a while but it will be all combined)
- Spread over the jam covered base
- Bake for 25mins until nicely golden (turning about halfway for even cooking)
- Cool completely in the tray
- Once cooled, cut into slices
P.S. This recipe is a fabulous one to get the kids involved in cooking! 😄
This can also be made with many different flavoured jams: strawberry, plum, blueberry, lemon, boysenberry etc 🍓🍋🍇
I also made for the first time, Vanilla Fudge Slice…. O…M…Gosh!
It’s fudgy, it’s cakey, its slice…. it has buttercream icing and I drizzled some milk chocolate on top!
I SO recommend this recipe! It tastes bloody awesome!
(No affiliation – just a fabulous recipe)
Hopefully you have enjoyed the raspberry coconut slice recipe and it becomes a family favourite just like it has become in mine! 😀
I have been requested to make the vanilla fudge slice again by my kiddos! So I think this will be a certain family favourite!